Share on Facebook
Share on Google+
Share through email
The world's first crowdsourced Nissan Z
The call went out in February 2012. At a special blogger media day at the Chicago Auto Show, Nissan invited fans to help build the world’s first crowd-sourced car. The goal: Take Nissan’s powerhouse 370Z® and make the sizzling track car even hotter.
That proved a major understatement. Over the next few months, fans flocked to the Nissan Performance Facebook page to vote on how to radically enhance the Project 370Z® car’s performance and design. Nissan scoured fans’ Facebook comments, “likes,” and wall posts to choose the winning specs for the car. Soon, they roared into production:
...we thought it'd be interesting to harness the power of social media to reach out to Z® enthusiasts—the people who are doing this to their own cars everyday.Jon Brancheau, Vice President of Marketing for Nissan North America
Watch the 370Z® Production video
Nissan Project 370Z®: Stage 1
Project 370Z: Stage One
Nissan has created the world's first crowd-sourced Z track car by handing over the build to their Facebook fans. In Project 370Z: Stage One, the fans were able to choose the powertrain, turbo kit, exhaust, suspension and brake setup.
Nissan Project 370Z®: Stage 2
Project 370Z: Stage Two
In Project 370Z: Stage Two, Nissan tuned up the Z and turned over the design to the fans. From the wrap to the wheels, this is what they've created.
Full List of Specs
Three short months later, the ultimate track car was born. Nissan unveiled the results in May at ZDayZ, a meetup of car enthusiasts. The annual gathering takes place at the edge of the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee and draws hundreds of Nissan Z®, GT-R®, and other performance enthusiasts from all over North America.
- Greddy Tuner Twin Turbo Kit with Type RZ Blow Off Valves
- Greddy Turbo Ti-C Exhaust
- AEM Engine Management System, EMS Series 2
- AEM Digital Gauges
- CSF Radiator
- Nissan Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit
- NISMO Twin-disc Clutch and Flywheel Kit
- KW Variant 3 Coilovers
- NISMO S-Tune Sway Bars
- NISMO Chassis Braces
- Nissan Motorsports Wavetrac Helical LSD
- Parts Installation and Tuning by RPM Auto Center
- StopTech Big Brake Kit, Rotors: 14.9"/14" Calipers: 6-piston/4-piston
- VOLK TE37SL Wheels (custom finish), FR:19x9.5+22, RR:19x10.5+12
- Yokohama ADVAN Neova Tires, FR: 245/35/19, RR: 275/30/19
- NISMO 370Z Aero Kit
- Recaro Sportster CS Seats (custom)
- NISMO Titanium GT Shift Knob (custom finish)
- Metalloy Design Theme by Nissan Design America
- Full Exterior Wrap by Sticky Fingers Design
- Alcantara-wrapped Steering Wheel and Door Panel Inserts by Little John Interior Concepts
Watch the Project 370Z® car in action
Nissan Project 370Z®: Stage 3
Project 370Z: Stage Three
Nissan reveals Project 370z at ZDayZ 2012. Over the past few months the Nissan Facebook community has voted on the build and design of Nissan's latest project car. This is the result.
Want to stay in touch?
Follow us or sign up for the latest news and offers from Nissan.