- Dealers: All authorized Nissan dealers are eligible to participate.
- Daily Rental Company: Vehicles enrolled in the Nissan Repurchase Program are ineligible.
- Leasing Company: A leasing company may qualify for basic sales assistance incentives if it executes a lease with a daily rental company that meets the requirements of the Fleet Sales Assistance Program.
- Floor Plan Assistance: Not available on any Nissan fleet vehicles.
- In-Service Requirement: All vehicles must remain in service for at least six months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) unless stated otherwise in the Repurchase or Risk Contract executed between Nissan and the Fleet Account.
Reporting Procedure: Submission of fleet delivery information (via an online RDR – “Sales Type 2”) must be received prior to the program deadlines to substantiate all claims. Fleet delivery information received after the deadline will not qualify. Vehicles delivered to certified fleet accounts must be reported as fleet sales, and must include the customer fleet certification number in the RDR. Refer to the Nissan Retail C&I Bulletin for volume levels for a single Account per program period (a program period is defined as a program year quarter) are eligible for retail payments (including retro bonus) and can be reported as retail sales provided the vehicles are delivered out of dealer stock and are not ordered out of the national fleet pool for sale as fleet vehicles. Any units in excess of the volume levels on the Nissan Retail C&I Bulletin are ineligible for retail payments and must be reported as fleet sales (which are eligible for fleet incentive payments). This may entail contacting the Fleet Department if a fleet certification number does not currently exist. Please note that all vehicles sold to a fleet account that has entered into a contract with the NNA National Fleet Department should be RDR’d as a Fleet Sale.
Review/Audit Procedures: Nissan will compare delivery information reported via an online RDR (“Sales Type 2”) against vehicle registration data. Nissan reserves the right to inspect dealership, leasing company, and rental company records during normal business hours and to question and/or disqualify any sales made or reported that are not in accordance with the program rules. Such a review is not an audit and does not preclude an audit at a later date. All payments and/or awards made under these programs are subject to such future audit and possible chargeback. Failure to submit records to Nissan for audit purposes may result in disqualification from programs and charge back of all benefits paid.
Federal or State Income Tax Liability: Any income tax liability imposed on the value of the fleet allowances received will be the sole responsibility of the recipient and not of Nissan.
Program Payment Expiration Date: The 2018 model program payments will expire nine (9) months after retail sale date. All fleet incentives must be claimed before the expiration date or they will become ineligible.
Final Decision: In all matters relating to the interpretation of application of any rule or phase of this program, the decision of Nissan shall be final. Nissan also reserves the right to cancel, revise, amend or revoke these programs at any time due to reasonable business considerations or to circumstances beyond its control.
- Fleet Sale: A vehicle is considered sold on the date that the dealership has fully consummated the sales transaction. This is evidenced by executed documents which specify the VIN of the vehicle and verify that the dealership has received or accounted for (valid finance contract, installment note, fleet billing) the full purchase price of the vehicle and a completed application for title/license. Leasing companies must take delivery of the vehicle and execute a lease with a certified fleet account.
- Courtesy Delivery: Nissan will automatically pay $300 to the delivering Dealer’s weekly incentive account for distant courtesy delivery of a commercial fleet vehicle. The dealer performing the courtesy delivery must be located a minimum of 100 miles from the selling dealer to qualify for the Courtesy Delivery Fee. Please note that Daily Rental Vehicle Orders are not eligible for Courtesy Delivery.
Eligibility: Eligible Units: All new and unused 2018 Nissan vehicles sold and delivered to certified fleet account(s) and placed in commercial fleet usage.
Ineligible Units: Any Nissan vehicles that are:
- Not sold, delivered and registered to a Nissan certified account.
- Not kept in service and registered a minimum of six (6) months or 12,000 miles (whichever is first) unless otherwise noted in the Repurchase or Risk contract executed by Nissan and the Fleet Account.
- Not purchased in volumes or equipped in accordance with the claimed fleet program requirements.
- Sold and delivered to any individual, company, etc., for the purpose of resale, regardless of when such resale occurs.
- Prior Nissan-owned company vehicles, excluding show cars, for which no discount has been given.
- Purchased by dealers at Auction.
- Paid on or counted in a previous Nissan retail or fleet sales incentive program.
- Purchased through Nissan's retail lease offers.
- Sold or leased to Nissan North America, Inc. or any other subsidiaries of Nissan Motor Company, Ltd.
- Sold to daily rental companies which NNA has agreed to repurchase.
- Used or previously titled/registered units.
- Sold to, leased to, or used by the dealership in the normal course of business.
General Eligibility Requirements: The fleet programs contained in this communication are available only to those accounts that have received a Nissan fleet certification number. All rules and requirements stated in the Nissan Fleet Certification procedures apply to these programs. In order to obtain the appropriate fleet benefit the account's fleet certification number must be used in all sales reporting. If there is any doubt about the correct fleet certification number, please contact the National Fleet Sales Department at NNA-LCVandFleetAdmin@nissan-usa.com for assistance.