PURPOSE AND SCOPE
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information about you and your use of your vehicle from our Platforms, as well as through Nissan vehicles and services, as described below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
What personal information does Nissan collect from you?
Nissan collects information that may identify, relate to, describe, or be capable of being associated with or reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular identified or identifiable person or household (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information we collect includes, without limitation:
- contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address
- payment information, such as credit card number (if you make a purchase on the sites or apps)
- your geolocation
- demographic information such as your zip code, age, date of birth, or gender
- in limited circumstances Nissan may collect your social security number, for example if you win a sweepstakes or prize for government tax purposes
How does Nissan collect Personal Information?
Nissan collects Personal Information in different ways, such as when:
- you register for, purchase or use products or services from any of our Platforms
- you post in a public spaces, such as social media sites, or on any of our Platforms
- you sign up to receive emails or texts
- you participate in sweepstakes, special events, promotions, surveys, blogs or chats
Nissan also receives Personal Information about you from other parties. For example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers or other third parties, including authorized dealers, may give us information about you. Such information may be collected online, offline or from publicly or commercially available resources. We also receive email addresses or other information when users elect to refer or email a friend from our Platforms, which is a function available on our Design Your Vehicle page and may be made available elsewhere from time to time.
Nissan also may combine information it collects with data it receives from other sources. For example, we may combine information we have collected offline with information we collect from our Platforms. We also may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
What data does Nissan automatically collect?
Nissan and our third party service providers may automatically collect and record data on the use and performance of our Platforms during your visit (“Usage Data”). The Usage Data we or our third party service providers collect may include, without limitation:
- your IP address (Your IP address is either static or dynamic. A dynamic address is not usually identifiable to you. A static address may be identifiable to you and, in such case, becomes Personal Information.)
- your internet service provider and domain name
- the type of device you are using
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- the URL of the website from which you linked to our website
- web log and click stream data
How does Nissan collect Usage Data?
Usage Data may be collected by Nissan or its third party providers automatically through “cookies,” log files and other tracking tools and technology embedded within our Platforms. This information may be collected over time and across devices. Nissan uses this information to administer and improve its Platforms and to improve the services provided to you.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. If a user rejects or deletes the cookie, he/she may still use our websites, but functionality may be limited in some areas of our websites. Cookies also enable us to track and aggregate clickstream behavior data. By doing this, we can better target the interests of our users and enhance their experience on our Platforms.
Information about how to opt out of Nissan’s interest-based advertising can be found in the section below titled “Your Choices About Collection, Use and Sharing of Information.” For more information on how to manage advertising controls including tracking mechanisms, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-online-tracking.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH NISSAN VEHICLES AND SERVICES
In addition to information collected on our Platforms, Nissan and its service providers may collect and record information about you and your vehicle several different ways, including:
- when you or the dealer provide it to us when you buy, lease or service a Nissan vehicle or when you use NissanConnect during a trial period or demonstration mode
- from calls or emails with us or our third party service providers
- from our wireless or satellite carriers
We may also obtain vehicle and driving information when you use or subscribe to NissanConnect, such as:
- the vehicle’s operation, including without limitation, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), GPS and navigation information, speed and distance information, driving habit and style, battery use management information (for electric vehicles), battery charging history (for electric vehicles), battery deterioration information (for electric vehicles), electrical system functions, diagnostic trouble codes, maintenance conditions, software version information, and other data
- your use of the vehicle and any corresponding services, websites and smartphone applications
- data about accidents involving the vehicle (for example, the direction from which the vehicle was hit and which air bags have deployed)
By activating, registering, subscribing, or using any of the services offered by NissanConnect, you consent to Nissan recording and using certain information for various purposes as described above and in the NissanConnect Services Subscriber Terms and Conditions, which can be accessed at the Nissan Owner Portal at www.nissanusa.com/mynissan.html.
USE OF INFORMATION
Nissan uses Personal Information in various ways, such as to:
- identify you or personalize information we provide to you
- advise you of important safety-related information
- process orders and provide certain products or services to you or your vehicle (including, but not limited to, sharing that information with roadside assistance providers, emergency service providers, or others, as needed as part of our delivery of services)
- respond to your questions and requests, such as brochure and information requests, or to notify you if you have won a contest
- communicate with you about your account or our relationship, such as making announcements about the Platforms or our privacy policies and terms
- use your contact information, location information, account and order history, vehicle performance data, and clickstream data to deliver marketing messages and offer you new or additional products or services (these marketing messages might be for third party offers or products we think you might find interesting)
- send push notifications and other information through our Platforms
- enable security measures (such as to protect Nissan, our Platforms, our customers, employees, and business partners)
- perform an analysis of service usage and maintenance conditions and to help you to maintain the vehicle
- evaluate and improve vehicle quality and any services related to the vehicle
- prevent fraud or misuse of your vehicle or any related services
- perform market research and analysis
- comply with the law and any and all legal requirements, including valid court orders
- design, improve and administer its Platforms
- help us customize and serve targeted advertising based on the needs and interests of our customers
- determine aggregate product usage by combining with and comparing to data gathered from other Nissan vehicle owners
- use for any other purpose if we anonymize the information so that it no longer reasonably identifies you or your vehicle
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Nissan may share Personal Information and non-Personal Information as follows:
- Nissan may disclose any information, whether personally identifiable or not, to any person performing audit, legal, operational or other similar services for Nissan.
- Nissan may disclose any information, whether personally identifiable or not, when required to do so by subpoena, court order, or warrant.
- Nissan may disclose any information, whether personally identifiable or not, when we reasonably deem it necessary to protect the safety of (i) an individual, (ii) the public, or (iii) the security and reliability of Nissan and/or its website.
- Nissan may disclose any information, whether personally identifiable or not, with any successor to all or part of our business. For example (but without limitation), if part of our business was sold we may transfer our customer list as part of that transaction.
- Nissan may share Personal Information with our affiliates and Nissan dealers for joint marketing initiatives.
- Nissan shares Personal Information with certain service providers. For example, if you subscribe to NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM, we will share your information with Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services, Inc. in order to provide those services to you.
- Nissan may share information about you, your vehicle, and its use for commercial purposes with our marketing partners, data brokers, service providers, business affiliates and vendors contracted to do business on our behalf. For example, when you sign up for certain services and offers on our websites, we may share your name and other contact information necessary for our vendors to provide these services to you. We may also share information with vendors who send emails for us, operate our websites, serve ads on our behalf, or run a promotion for us.
- Nissan may share Personal Information as otherwise disclosed to you from time to time in accordance with applicable law.
- Nissan may share information in de-identified or aggregate format with business affiliates, data brokers, service providers and vendors contracted to do business on our behalf for their own commercial uses.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION, USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
If you wish to opt out of Nissan’s online interest-based advertising, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/. You may opt out of how companies unaffiliated with us use tracking tools and collect your information while visiting our websites by visiting each of their privacy policies and following instructions there. You can also use two tools made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance to register your choices about the collection and use of your data on mobile sites and across sites and applications for online targeted advertising by visiting: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You can control cookies and tracking tools. If you turn off cookies, certain features and functions of the website may not be available to you. The precise geographic location of your device may be transmitted to our servers in real time any time that our mobile apps are running (even if you are not actively using an app or it is minimized on your device). You may stop allowing us to have access to your device’s location information by accessing the app’s location settings on your device and setting your device not to share its location with us.
Some collection and sharing practices are tied to the telematics services we offer through NissanConnect Services or NissanConnect EV. NissanConnect Services and NissanConnect EV customers who prefer not to have their telematics information collected can request to opt out of their services by contacting a NissanConnect Services Customer Care representative at 1-844-711-8100. Requests will be processed within a few business days. Telematics services will be limited or unavailable to any customers who elect to stop the collection of this information. Please note that independent of subscription status, some limited vehicle data may be collected to improve vehicle safety, quality and services related to the vehicle.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about the Personal Information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses during the prior year.
You can make such a request by calling us at 1-800-NISSAN1 or by sending us an email at email@example.com (please include “Shine the Light Inquiry” in your email subject line).
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
If you have any questions about the security of our Platforms, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
UPDATING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
It is your obligation to correct or update the information you provide when you buy or lease a Nissan vehicle or subscribe to NissanConnect. if that information changes. If you do not notify us of a sale or transfer of your vehicle, we may continue to send reports or other information about the vehicle or the account to the address currently on file with us and/or new owner. In such case, we are not responsible for any privacy related damages you may suffer.
Nissan’s Platforms are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Nissan does not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to participate in any services offered on our Platforms that require the submission of user information. If we learn that a user is under 13 and has submitted user information to us, we will delete that information promptly or seek verifiable parental or legal guardian consent to retain such information.
UNITED STATES ONLY
Our Platforms are controlled and operated form the United States and our Platforms are intended only for users in the United States. By using the Platforms, you agree and acknowledge they are hosted in the United States and that information collected through them (including Personal Information) will be stored and processed in the United States. By using the Platforms, you consent to such transfer and the application of the laws of the United States, which may not be as protective or comprehensive as those that exist in your home jurisdiction.
RELATED TERMS AND PRIVACY NOTICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Nissan North America Consumer Affairs
Attn. NissanUSA.com Privacy
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
Or, during business hours, call 1-800-NISSAN1.
Or, visit the NissanConnect portal website at http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/support or call its NissanConnect Service Support line at 1-855-426-6628.
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE
We are committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and we require all users of the website to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, the website in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is our policy to terminate privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to us by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
If you feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, we encourage you to contact us immediately. Upon our receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under the DCMA, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the Content in issue. Our designated agent (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is listed below.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Nissan North America, Inc.
One Nissan Way
Franklin, TN 37067
Attn: Steven Roberts, Senior Counsel
Subject line: DMCA