TIPS FOR HOW TO DRIVE IN THE RAIN
Nissan Commercial Vehicles
APRIL 5, 2019
Spring showers may bring more flowers, but they can also bring the risk of slick pavement and potentially hazardous driving conditions. Unfortunately, you can’t always avoid driving your NV Passenger Van when the weather doesn’t cooperate. For those times, follow these simple tips to help keep you and your passengers safe.
BEFORE YOU GO
- Replace windshield wiper inserts that leave streaks and could impair your ability to see.
- Ensure all headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals are properly functioning so other drivers will see you. And always drive with your headlights on when conditions are poor.
- Double-check that you have adequate tire tread depth and that each tire is properly inflated. This is key to maintaining good traction on wet roadways.
ON THE ROAD
- Take it slow. With as little as 1/12 inch of water on the road, tires have to displace a gallon of water per second to keep the rubber meeting the road. Taking it slow can help reduce your risk of hydroplaning and losing control.
- To avoid traffic jams, take the most efficient route. With 3D maps, Points of Interest and real-time traffic, the available Nissan Navigation System [] will help you get where you’re going with minimal delays.
- Allow for ample stopping distance to help avoid sudden braking or the need for sharp turns to avoid vehicles ahead.
WHEN A CRASH IS UNAVOIDABLE
The NV Passenger is equipped with a comprehensive collection of active and passive safety features designed to help respond and protect at every turn.
- Advanced technology in your NV Passenger can help minimize injury and help keep you safe. Nissan’s Zone Body construction further strengthens that line of defense, helping to absorb impact for the protection of everyone on board.
- Keep in mind, NV Passenger's bumper is at the height of most cars on the road, helping to protect your passengers in the event of a collision.
- Don’t forget: NV Passenger’s eight standard airbags can help give you added peace of mind and protection. []