Nissan Roadside Assistance is available to owners of a 2016 or newer Nissan vehicle, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, should the need arise. []
Top Roadside Assistance Queries
How can I contact roadside assistance?
What does Roadside Assistance cover?
Roadside Assistance benefits are available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, should the need arise for any of the following items: []
- Flat Tire
- Dead Battery
- Accident/ Collision (Towing to the closest Nissan dealership)
- Emergency Fuel Delivery
- Vehicle Lock-out Service
- Mechanical Breakdown
How long does roadside assistance last?
As the owner of a 2016 or newer Nissan vehicle, you receive Nissan Roadside Assistance for the first 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the initial new vehicle delivery date. []
What information do I need when I call in for road service?
The road service phone agent will ask you to confirm or provide the following pieces of information:
- Call back phone number – (this will also be used as a reference number)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Location of disablement
- Color of vehicle
- Exact current mileage
- Will you remain with the vehicle when the service provider arrives?
- For tow service – The name of the Dealership you wish to be towed to.
- For tow service - Will you be riding with the driver to the Dealership?
- Does the vehicle go into neutral gear?